Pampering is not Self-Care
What is Self-Care?
Self-care is a practice and a commitment we make to ourselves to support our physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It includes putting boundaries and limits on our behaviours (like a parent would). Self-care should not be confused with pampering. Pampering are quick fixes we give ourselves to feel better in the moment. Self-care is about making decisions based on what is good for us, not what we FEEL like doing at the moment.
Some examples of self-care:
- Eating right
- Getting plenty of quality sleep
- Spending quality time with loved ones
- Making time to enjoy a hobby
- Learning something new
- Identifying and acknowledging your feelings
- Limiting your social media and news updates
- Saying no – knowing your limits